that can be completed in EGMS
You can prepare and print these EGMS-based proposal forms:
- NIH R01s, Renewals, Noncompeting Continuations, and Supplements;
- non-Fastlane NSF applications;
- Minnesota Department of Transportation applications; and
- applications to sponsors without their own forms, using the
You can prepare, print,
and route electronically these University forms:
- the Proposal Routing Form (PRF; formerly called the BA23);
- the Report of External Professional Activities (REPA);
- the Request for Consultant or Outside Service Agreement (ROC);
- and the Material Transfer Agreement Routing Form (MTARF).
Additional forms will
be added over time.
that comprise EGMS
In EGMS, you can also
add information to your records in the Expertise and Other Support
Databases. You (or other University faculty and staff) can then
use your stored EGMS data to complete the Biographical Sketch and
Other Support pages of a proposal.
The five individual databases
constituting EGMS are:
Advantages of using EGMS
- Proposal Preparation
Database, used to enter project information to fill sponsor-required
forms and to print completed forms;
- Expertise Database,
used to enter and store professional information that you choose
from to complete the Biographical Sketch pages of a proposal;
- Other Support
Database, used to enter and store information on current
funding and pending applications that you choose from to complete
the Other Support pages of a proposal;
- EGMS Forms Database, used to complete, print,
and route electronically University forms: Proposal Routing Form
(PRF), FormsNirvana Access Request (FNA), Report of External Professional
Activities (REPA), Request for Consultant or Outside Service Agreement
(ROC), and the Material Transfer Agreement Routing Form (MTARF);
- EGMSi (internal)
Database, used by Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA)
to gather data from the proposal and the PRF. The data creates
a project record as the first step in the award process. This
University database is not available to faculty and staff from
the EGMS Home Page.
EGMS speeds the processes of
both proposal preparation and award activation by:
- Calculating fringe benefits, indirect costs, and inflation rates
across project years.
- Storing in the Expertise and Other Support Databases the professional
information that is needed for completion of the Biographical
Sketch and Other Support pages of proposals; data entered only
once can be used for all future proposals.
- Offering the option to customize information printed on the
Biographical Sketch and Other Support pages of a proposal, by
asking you to choose which individual items to include for a particular
- Generating a University variation of your budget as you fill
in the sponsor-specific budget categories, streamlining account
setup when an award arrives.
- Flagging potential violations of federal regulations.
- Maintaining University and your personal demographic information.
- Providing online access to a proposal in progress for co-investigators
and support staff to work on at any time and in any place with